Support one or more project teams consisting of cross-functional team members in the development & implementation of Quality Control in the Manufacturing Plants. Understand and communicate clear Quality Control deliverables and performance targets so quality KPIs for manufacturing and superior customer satisfaction are evident and supported by data. Practice and emphasize ‘Zero Defect’ mindset in all aspects of Process & Product Quality development to ensure all activities involving supplier, manufacturing plants customer relationships have clarity and focus about the highest expectations of quality product.
Duties and Responsibilities
(These are the positions essential duties and is not an all inclusive list)
- Reporting to Plant QC Supervisor
- Quality interface of Manufacturing Leader / Production Supervisor
- QC Inspector:
- Organizing routine data collection, analysis and feedback.
- Inspection of the production process and product (quality control gates) at COMAU Plant and at Customer Sites
- Reporting non-conforming products or processes to immediate supervision
- Development and improvement of quality control checklist
- Surveillance of the closure of open issues and non-conformances
- Continuous improvement of standards and their adherence on the shop floor to foster continuous improvement
- Measure and track performance within the department
- Conduct and complete analysis of the area selected for implementation
- Align QC department's vision to the established plant's vision
- Coach supervisors and hourly personnel in QC procedures & requirements
- Document current and future states, stretch objectives and QC performance targets in all areas.
- Implement Quality KPIs throughout the plant and demonstrate to hourly employees and supervisors how to track and use them effectively.
- Perform in-process inspection – IBO’s, torque audits, visual walks, & buy-offs
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with all levels of organization from shop-floor to management staff.
- Awareness and understanding in APQP and knowledgeable of process and product development cycle.
- Experienced in interacting with cross-functional team members to achieve alignment and commitment to keep quality as the most important program deliverable.
- Understanding of Cost of Poor Quality and customer satisfaction as top priorities.
- Knowledge of Non-conforming Material Reporting (NCR) process.
- Knowledge & familiarity with Online Project Open Issues Matrix
- Computer skills: excellent working knowledge of Excel, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, and any other relevant software applications.
- Possess a thorough understanding of the customer’s processes and organization structure.
- Working knowledge of the customer product
- Understanding and working knowledge of Statistical Process Control and Lean 6-Sigma.
- Meeting Customer needs
- Business Awareness
- Personal Relationships
- Managing Relationships
- Personal Organization
- Change Minded & Driven
- Influencing Others
- Quality Consciousness
Key Performance Indicators & Measures
- Quality KPIs for Site Quality Control
- Periodic recertification & validation of inspection processes via job observations
- Data collection and analysis to drive day-to-day decisions relative to control of quality indicators.
- Customer Satisfaction Index
Qualifications (Education, Training, Certification, Licenses, Experience)
- Overall Experience – A minimum of 3-5 years Product or Process Quality Management experience in the automotive or allied industry.
- Education - Key Cultural Competency Factors. extensive organization and industry experience.
- Quality Certification preferred.