Manage receivables through risk assessments for credit policy exceptions, monitoring status and coordinating activities supporting company's customer credit and collections policies for residential and small commercial accounts.
Bachelor’s degree in business or related area from accredited four-year university is strongly preferred.
Six months to two years credit and collections experience required. Banking experience preferred.
• Normal office environment
• Office Hours: 8am-5pm Monday-Friday.
• Overtime required when necessary.
• Work may involve dealing with people in an unpleasant or strained situation.
• Occasional Travel
Role Specific Duties/Responsibilities:
• Apply the company's credit and collection policies, practices and procedures to the credit requirements of designated customer accounts.
• Review files, reports and credit bureau documents and financial statements of customers to ensure they meet deposit requirements.
• Extend credit to customers in accordance with established policy and terms.
• Analyze customer’s financial situations and determine whether to extend credit beyond established policy criteria.
• Analyze credit risk for aggregated portfolios of customers as well as individual accounts.
• Carry out the established program for the follow up and collection of accounts receivable.
• Communicate requests with management for special applications for credit that are outside of standard policies and procedures.
• Investigate and prepare findings to complaints from customers for development of response to Public Utility Commission, consumer advocates, media and management.
• Evaluate customer eligibility (i.e. low income status) for PUC mandated activities and programs.
• Process development and implementation of credit policies/procedures.
Role Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient mathematical/analytical skills.
• Ability to communicate clearly with customers using a telephone instrument or in person while maintaining composure and control.
• Must be able to work independently and multi-task.
• Ability to read and understand contractual documents and prepare company correspondence.
• Analyze customer accounts, spreadsheets, and databases to resolve customer issues.
• Must be detail oriented with a focus on accuracy and completeness.
• Must be able to communicate effectively in oral and written form.
• Flexible to adapt effectively to new and changing responsibilities and situations
• Proficient in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel, and other related applications.
• Positions available for English-only and English/Spanish speaking representatives a plus.
• Skip tracing experience a plus