Title: Labor and Delivery San Jose, CA
SHIFT: Full-time Nights (rotating weekends)
# Positions 4
The Registered Nurse is responsible for patient assessment, development, implementation and coordination of the patients’ plan of care including the medical treatment plan and the evaluation of patient treatment. The Registered Nurse will function within the full scope of the RN licensure, according to the California Nursing Practice Act.
- The Registered Nurse has primary accountability for monitoring patient outcomes. As the team coordinator of the patient care team (including but not limited to: physicians, registered nurses, licensed vocational nurses, technicians, and support and clerical staff), the Registered Nurse collaborates, directs, delegates, assigns, guides and serves as a resource to the department and the patient care team for patient care delivery.
- The Registered Nurse promotes a cooperative working relationship with care team members, physicians, other disciplines and the public by facilitating and enhancing communication, displaying honesty and respect, displaying sensitivity to cultural and age differences, and expressing and accepting feedback in a professional manner.
- The Registered Nurse supports the mission, philosophy and goals of the Hospital.
- Current California Registered Nurse License.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support (BLS) certification.
- ACLS 30 days after hire
- NRP 60 days after hire
- (1) year of full-time equivalent or more prior Labor & Delivery experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Nurse to Patient Ratio: 1:1 or 1:2 (due to early labor)
- # Beds per unit- 14 beds with 3 recovery
- 300 Births per month
- Union Facility
- Must have high risk experience
- Nurses with 2+ years experience will mentor the newer nurses