Med/Surg Nurse (RN) - Fairview Park Hospital-Dublin, GA
SHIFT: Full Time Nights 7P-7A (rotating weekends) and holidays
Fairview Park is a state-of-the-art, 190-bed acute care facility providing community healthcare services including a 24-hr Emergency Room, inpatient and outpatient surgery options, and rehabilitation therapy services. In addition, Fairview provides specialty services through facilities such as the Sleep Center at Fairview Park, the Same Day Surgery
The Medical-Surgical RN accepts the responsibility and accountability for patients on the unit and administers direct and indirect patient care based on scientific principles and guided by the established policies and procedures of Fairview Park Hospital.
- Provide quality patient care, in keeping with the philosophy and objectives of the hospital and department.
- Prescribes, delegates and coordinates all nursing care provided to assigned patients and is responsible for meeting all standards associated with performance, nursing practice and nursing care.
- Assess & reassess patient condition, initiate plan of care and begin discharge planning on admission.
- Maintain & apply current nursing standards and clinical competency including the National Patient Safety Goals and apply critical thinking skills in conjunction with facility policies & procedures to prioritize and problem solve.
- Meet the personal and practical needs of patients and families as described in "Patients First Service" while using appropriate &
effective communication skills.
- Accept accountability for completion of assignments, demonstrates reliability & dependability (including compliance with the attendance policy), and utilize time and material cost-effectively.
- Continue self-development, provide leadership & actively participate in Performance Improvement Activities. Directs others as needed.
- Reflect HCA values and its ethical and compliance principles in his/her daily activities (Code of Conduct).
- Experience: Med/Surg and/or acute care experience preferred.
- Education: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with current or pending Nursing license in GA.
- Special Qualifications: Current CPR. Successful completion of medication exam according to policy guidelines. Verbal ability to present information and ideas related to nursing theory and practice. Area qualifications may include: ACLS certification, certification in specialty area, word processing, & computer knowledge.