Salary range from $29.44 - $42.24 hr.
Registered Nurse Progressive Care Lewisville, TX
SHIFT: Full Time Days & Nights (rotating weekends) 7P-7A and 7A-7P
Medical City Lewisville is a 186-bed HCA Healthcare facility in the greater Dallas-Fort Worth area. The hospital is known for its 24-hour emergency care, Level III NICU, specialized women's services, and more. The facility has earned numerous awards and accreditations, such as the recognition as a Top Performer for Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission and an 'A' Grade in Patient Safety from The Leapfrog Group. Staff members say the opportunities for advancement and commitment to providing excellent patient care make Medical City Lewisville a great place to work. In 2019, Medical City Healthcare was named as one of the 100 Best Companies to Work for in Texas. As a Magnet recognized facility, we are a leader in the DFW market for quality metrics, and Nursing satisfaction performance according to the National Database of Nursing Quality Indicators.
The Registered Nurse – RN – PCU – Progressive Care Unit RN provides direct nursing care in accordance with established policies and procedures of Medical Center of Lewisville. In collaboration with patient, patient’s family and other members of the health care team, the clinical RN is responsible for assessing the nursing care needs of patients, planning interventions and evaluating outcomes of care. The RN provides direct care and/or supervises nursing care of LVN’s and non-licensed nursing staff. The RN is responsible for providing care consistent with the Nursing Department’s policies, procedures and standards of practice.
RN’s are responsible for providing care, which is appropriate to the age specific (adolescent, adult and geriatric patients), developmental and safety needs of the assigned patient population. In addition to the RN duties and responsibilities, the RN scope includes charge duties. The charge nurse makes patient assignments and supervises and directs the staff and unit activities for the assigned shift.
- TX RN licensure or RN Compact State License
- BLS (AHA)
- ACLS (AHA) certification. If currently have ACLS (AHA) it must be maintained; if not, it must be obtained within 6 months of hire and then maintained.
- ADN required.
- BSN preferred. If hired into RN required positon after September 2014 and no BSN, then BSN required within three years of facility date.
- Staff RN’s not hired in a graduate nurse or intern status, must have a minimum of one year recent nursing experience in area of practice in an acute care setting.
- # Beds per Unit- 12
- Nurse to Patient 2:1
- Must have 2 yrs. of PCU experience in an acute care facility - Recent experience
- 1 year of stepdown will also work
- Observation Units are not considered a critical care area
- Culture- Patient and co-worker friendly