*Update: The client is now only looking for VA underwriters.
- Responsible for providing efficient, timely, consistent, accurate quality loan decisions on a daily basis.
- Underwrite loans that adhere to underwriting policy and procedures as well as adhere to the investor guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Additionally, responsible to answer questions, and assist with problem-solving with underwriting staff, respond to both internal and external QC audit findings in a timely and proficient manner.
Salary Structure: Up to $115-$120K/year; paid hourly.
- Bonus: 10 files per week with $150/per file bonus currently but normally it's $70-$100/per file.
- Sign-On: $7500-15k; half on the first check, remainder at 90 days; 1-year retention
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Underwrite a minimum of 2 loans per day and complete outstanding conditions in a timely manner.
- Review file for accuracy and completeness according to the Underwriter Checklist, APMC guidelines, and investor/agency guidelines.
- Run files through Quality Control tools.
- Communicate effectively with processors and loan officers on the status of loan files and conditions.
- FHA experience preferred, not required
- VA experience required
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years of underwriting experience with the above program designations.
- Strong coordination, organization, teaming, and communication abilities.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external customers.
- Works well individually or in a group setting.
- Ability to manage time and priorities.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to analyze an issue and determine best approach for a solution.
- General experience and understanding of the following products:
- Encompass 360 – Banker’s Edition
- Mortgage Builder
- Microsoft Word and Excel
- Internet navigation
- Authority to underwrite CONV and when designated authority is authorized, USDA and/or Jumbo products to APMC or investor guidelines
- Commitment to company values, policies and procedures
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Customer Service – the ability to provide and maintain effective and positive communication
- Adaptability – an ability to quickly learn new or different techniques, products and computer programs
- Problem Solving – an ability to effectively analyze and resolve problems at a functional level
- This person must live our culture every day! (Respect, Transparency, Scrappy)
- Other duties as assigned
***Notes for Recruiter
15% fee under $100k; 10% over $100k;
Questions from the employer
- How frequently during the day do you communicate with borrowers? Processors?
- What is your salary expectations?