Manager (RN) Medical Surgical Unit Kingwood, TX at a 439-bed acute care facility that has provided quality care to the Lake Houston area for over 25 years.
SHIFT: Full-Time Days (rotating weekends)
- The Nursing Manager is a registered nurse with twenty-four hour (24) - Seven (7) day/week, responsibility for all operational aspects of their respective unit.
- The position encompasses human resource management, including recommending sufficient number of qualified and competent personnel to provide care; financial and clinical management, and the provision and development of professional leadership.
- The Nursing Manager establishes departmental goals and objectives that ensure high quality, cost-effective patient care, while working collaboratively to integrate the goals of their department with those at Kingwood Medical Center.
- The philosophy of continuous quality improvement (CQI) is integrated by the Nursing Supervisor into all ongoing operations and activities of the department.
- The RN Manager is expected to provide relief staffing within their unit, and to apply knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate/infant child, adolescent and adult population.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing
- BSN Required
- Current TX licensure as RN
- Current BLS course completion certificate
- Current ACLS course completion certificateFive (5) years recent clinical experience in nursing
- Three (3) years progressive nursing management
IMPORTANT: All resumes must be submitted with a brief candidate summary that outlines the key qualifications required for this position as per the job description. Please showcase all skills and experience relevant to each requirement for THIS particular job. This write-up will be shared with the client along with the resume. Candidates without a proper write-up will not be forwarded to the client.