Responsible for developing, implementing and managing the operations of the Education, Medical Staff support services, Performance Improvement & Patient Safety Programs of Riverside Community Hospital (RCH). Accountable for management of interdisciplinary performance improvement projects in consultation with staff, management, and Medical Staff, as chartered by the Quality and Safety Committee. Formulates strategies for improvement of quality and safety and monitors outcomes. Responsible for the timely acquisition, coordination and statistical validation of all quality and safety data. Responsible for responding to data requests, both internal and external, while appropriately maintaining the proper security of the quality and safety database. Provides guidance and facilitates integration and communication of proactive safety plan to reduce risk within the organization. Works closely with the hospital and Medical Staff, and communicates to Quality and Safety Committee, Medical Executive Committee and Board of Directors. Oversees the Infection surveillance and prevention with the Infection Control Practitioner.
Minimum: Registered Nurse License
***MUST BE A RN***
Minimum: Bachelors Degree or equivalent.
Preferred: Master’s Degree and CPHQ Certification preferred.
1. 3-5 years experience in quality management.
2. Hospital management of 3-5 years in dealing with both internal and external customers, medical staff and patients/families.
Reports to the President and CEO
3 Director’s in place (IP, Patient Safety & Quality) that will report up to this VP.
Supervises – Performance Improvement, Infection Control and Education
Facility needs someone with energy and a mature leader understanding quality, infection prevention, patient safety and risk. They need to develop leaders and facilitate teams.
1. Able to conceptualize and act in terms of total systems in health care.
2. Comprehensive (wide base) knowledge of patient care and hospital systems.
3. Able to act as a change agent from a systems perspective to facilitate change.
4. Demonstrated analytical and financial skills to measure current processes and outcomes of quality improvement process.
5. Able to provide information laden reports to a variety of audiences in a succinct and timely manner.