Glassdoor recently released its annual report of the 25 Highest Rated Companies Hiring Interns in 2014, and guess who took the no. 1 spot this year? You may be ready to deem Google the best, as the company has held the top honor for the past two years, but another mega-brand took the crown this year—Facebook.
Based entirely on intern feedback over the past year, the report details which companies offer the best internship experiences. This year’s top five companies include:
Interns had many great things to say about the companies that rounded out the top five:
- “The culture is pretty awesome and has staying power. The intern program is amazing and everyone is actually happy that the interns are there.” – Facebook Software Engineer Intern (Menlo Park, CA)
- “Having the opportunity to take a look at all the wonderful stuff they’ve developed and taking part in the creation of new tools and products is an amazing experience, especially if you’re still in college.” – Google Software Engineer Intern (Mountain View, CA)
- “Interns are automatically being considered for return internship opportunities or a full time position. There are many career opportunities in the Qualcomm HQ, employees are encouraged to explore areas that fit their passion.” – Qualcomm Interim Engineering Intern (San Diego, CA)
- “They seem to really care about and take care of their employees. They spend a lot of time and resources in training.” – Schlumberger Electrical Intern (Sugar Land, TX)
- “Epic has a great support staff for interns, and ultimately, they want to see their interns both do excellent work and learn a lot at their time at Epic. It is a good place to start out.” – Epic Systems Software Development Intern (Verona, WI)
The report also offers insight into how difficult the interview process is for interns at these companies and how 20 major U.S. cities compare in terms of the number of employers actively hiring interns. New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco were the top three cities with the most internship opportunities.