ExecuNet, a well known private membership service that focuses on connecting executive leaders and developing executive recruiter relationships, has issued new research pertaining to executive job trends.
ExecuNet’s 2012 Report on Executive Job Market Intelligence has revealed that executive recruiters are the most optimistic that they have been in five years. Surveying over 5,700 business executives about the executive employment market the report revealed the following top job trends:
- A quarter of companies expect to add new executive positions in 2012 despite the current slow-growth economy.
- Executive recruiters expect an average gain of at least 20 percent in search assignments over 2011.
- Healthcare, technology, and life sciences industries continue to show executive hiring strength whiles significant gains are also expected in the manufacturing, business services, and consumer products sectors.
- The regions experiencing the highest growth in executive hiring are the Northeast and Southwest.
- Two-thirds of executives are using social media to create a more visual, accessible, and appealing online identity while the same number recognize social networking as the optimal way to connect with new career opportunities. They also believe that their current networks need to become broader if there are to obtain future career and business success.
- Over half of executive recruiters say executive salaries and bonuses are increasing in order to retain talent.
- Two-thirds of executives say that their companies are focusing more on executive retention over 2011.
- Nearly 60 percent of executives updated their resume in the three months prior to the survey and were ready to reconsider career options.
- Companies are investing more in peer networks.
- Compensation continues to increase while the balance of perks and salaries are shifting.
“Consistent and effective business networking remains the catalyst for executive career advancement, yet we’re also witnessing the continued emergence of professional networking as a tool for business intelligence, brand-building, resource planning and global expansion,” said Chief Executive Officer Dave Opton.