Randstad Releases List of 2014’s Hottest Jobs by Industry Sector
Staffing and HR services firm Randstad has shared its selections for hot jobs across industries including healthcare, technology, pharmaceuticals, HR, finance and accounting, office and administration, and engineering and manufacturing. The top industries and hottest jobs within those industries for 2014 include:
Engineering jobs, especially civil engineering and manufacturing engineering.
-Most in-demand skills and education: BS engineering and Six Sigma certification.
- Finance and accounting jobs, especially accounting manager and public accountant.
-Most in-demand skills and education: ERP software experience and certified public accountant (CPA) certification.
- Physician jobs, especially primary care physician and hospitalist.
-Most in-demand skills and education: flexible schedules (available days and nights) and experience in acute care clinical environments.
- Manufacturing and logistics jobs, especially machine operator and maintenance technician.
-Most in-demand skills and education: technical degree or certification and computer skills and machine programming.
- Office and administration jobs, especially accounting assistance and customer service representative.
-Most in-demand skills and education: knowledge of P&Ls and other financial statements and the ability to multitask while delivering exceptional customer service.
- Pharmaceutical jobs, especially drug safety specialists and regulatory issue specialist.
-Most in-demand skills and education: knowledge of FDA requirements and understanding of local, regions, and global regulatory issues.
- Information technology jobs, especially mobile-applications developer and cloud security specialist.
-Most in-demand skills and education: building mobile and tablet applications in Android environments and knowledge of storage design and implementation strategies.
- Nursing and allied health jobs, especially registered nurse and medical assistant.
-Most in-demand skills and education: for nursing, experience with electronic medical records and computer documentation skills. For medical assistants, EMR experience, bilingual (English/Spanish).
- Human resources jobs, especially payroll specialist and recruiter.
-Most in-demand skills and education: software and systems experience (e.g. HRIS) and PHR or SPHR certification.