Have you ever worked as a recruiter or in sales for a staffing or recruitment agency? Ever secretly told yourself that if you owned your own recruitment firm, that it would rival the world’s best? Maybe you aren’t aware, but there are several recruitment firms that are franchise operations, which are easily accessible, giving you all of the power and flexibility to help make your recruitment firm successful.
The best part about any recruitment franchise is that the services, branding, business model and strategy are all provided to you. This takes out a great deal of the time and effort that is generally poured into starting up a new recruiting firm. You are provided with the policies and procedures, but have the ability to mold your employees and determine the business plan and outlook, just as you would with your own company.
Thinking about purchasing a recruiting franchise, but concerned about the upfront investment? It might be more affordable than you think. Depending on where you live and which franchise you are looking at, these figures may vary, but you are looking at a franchise fees of anywhere between $12,000 and $45,000. The initial fees amount to usually something like $40,000 – $250,000 for most franchises and there might be administrative fees depending on where you buy. Agreements can be negotiated but are a general rule of thumb, 5 years seems to be the the standard.
If you are considering purchasing a franchise based system, certainly do your research, as it’s a major decision. We support all companies in the space and would suggest that you carefully review all available franchise options before making your selection. Besides our own, here are a few other reputable recruitment franchises that cover the areas of executive search, staffing, and retained recruiting. This information is provided not to directly advocate these other companies, but to help in your initial research of the available franchise options.
- MRI Network has been in business for more than 50 years and when it comes right down to it, their straightforward approach is what clients love the most. From their advanced recruitment and staffing solutions to their impressive 800 offices worldwide, it should definitely be taken into consideration when you’re shopping around.
- Express Employment is the total package when it comes to franchising. They provide support before you open as well as ongoing training to you and your employees. They assist with advertising and support and have incredibly high brand awareness. Most professionals go with what works and Express Employment simply works. Startup costs are between $100 and $200K.
- Spherion boasts that the majority of their clients are in the Fortune 100, coming in at 91%. The incredible growth and visibility that comes with Spherion may make it a worthy investment opportunity. The numbers don’t lie, and with ~$2.2B in annual revenues, it is definitely worth researching.
- Careers USA also ranges on the high end, but offers more than thirty years of staffing industry experience. They employ over 20,000 people and have received industry accolades such as “Business of the Year,” “One of the Fastest Growing Private Companies,” and “One of the Largest Temporary Personnel Agencies.”
- Seek and Sandford Rose Associates rounds out our list of other quality franchise options. The firm was founded in 1959 and is headquartered in Ohio. They focus on executive search and are established leaders in the space. In one investment summary, they cite having potentially less than $100,000 in startup costs.
Like any other big purchase in life, making the decision to buy into a recruiting franchise can help you work for yourself while establishing a flourishing business model. Make sure that you weigh your options before jumping right into the recruitment franchise ownership, but for some recruiting leaders, it can be a great option and lead to financial and career independence. Best of luck to you for continued success in your recruiting career!
Post your resume to the largest network of recruiters on the planet. START