Ten Reasons to Move Your Training Online
In today’s knowledge based economy, business skills and knowledge are the pillars of career success. In order for businesses and individuals to stay afloat it is vital that professionals continuously update these skills. However, finding the time and the resources necessary to do so can be challenging.
Not sure if online learning is right for you? Here are the top ten reasons why professionals are choosing to move their training online:
- Learn at your convenience. Online courses are 100% web based, and are available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and 365 days per year. Which means you can fit training into your schedule whenever it is convenient for you. Often in classroom based learning, students miss key concepts because of distractions, tiredness, or boredom; online learning can help you to get the most out of your training experience by allowing for greater flexibility. You can schedule your learning when you are the most awake or in incremental time blocks, whether it is in between business meetings, on weekends, or after you put the kids to bed; our courses are always at your fingertips.
- Get the individualized support you need. Unlike in large classroom based training programs which are burdened by time constraints and in which some learners are intimidated to raise their hands and ask questions or participate in classroom discussions, our courses ensure that learners are receiving the support they need. Many online courses include an “Ask the Expert” feature which gives learners a chance to ask a subject matter expert all course related questions and receive feedback within 24 hours.
- Customize your training to your needs. Self-paced online training programs allow you to customize your training to your unique needs and goals. You can learn at your own pace, which means you don’t need wait for an instructor or class to move on with material you are already familiar with, and, you can linger for as long as you want to fully comprehend a concept new to you. Online courses often include internet resources that let you further explore knowledge areas that are relevant to your particular career.
- Learning is fun and interesting. Online training combine readings, graphics, audio/video, interactive exercises, and case studies to keep the learner engaged and interested in course material and meet the needs of multiple learning styles.
- Eliminate travel time. Training online means that you don’t have to spend any of your valuable time traveling to a classroom or training location, nor do you have to take any time off of work to obtain training. Courses are 100% web-based which means courses can be accessed anytime and anywhere with internet access. This also eliminates the cost of traveling, and with the rising price of gas prices, that should be music to anyone’s ears!
- Access to high quality courses. E-learning is typically developed by business school professors, industry professionals, and subject matter experts and are based on content used by world class companies and leading universities.
- Real Time Reporting. Learners can monitor their progress and learning outcomes as they receive feedback about their performance on self-assessments and course quizzes.
- HR professionals can monitor their learners’ progress. Oftentimes it can be difficult to measure the effectiveness of traditional classroom based training programs, just because a student attends a class does not mean they have absorbed any of the learning objectives. The body may be in the seat, but is the mind engaged? Online training offers HR professionals the unique opportunity to view learners’ participation levels and to monitor their learning outcomes with a powerful Learning Management System.
- Eliminates geographical boundaries. Online learning allows learners to participate from around the globe. Individuals and companies no longer have to worry about their geographical location when considering what resources are available.
- Effective learning at an affordable price. Online learning is an extremely affordable alternative to many traditional training programs. It eliminates the cost of printed materials, physical classroom, course instructors, as well as the cost of traveling to a training location.