The Top 25 Oddball Interview Questions for 2013
According to the Q4 Glassdoor Employee Confidence Survey, one in five employees plan to look for a new job in the next three months, assuming the economy stays the same or improves, To help potential job candidate’s during the interview process, Glassdoor released its annual list of Top 25 Oddball Interview Questions —a compilation of the tens of thousands of interview questions shared by job candidates over the past year.
Some of the questions topping the list included:
1. “If you were to get rid of one state in the US, which would it be and why?” – Asked at Forrester Research, Research Associate candidate.
2. “How many cows are in Canada?” – Asked at Google, Local Data Quality Evaluator candidate.
3. “How many quarters would you need to reach the height of the Empire State building?” – Asked at JetBlue, Pricing/Revenue Management Analyst candidate.
4. “A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?” – Asked at Clark Construction Group, Office Engineer candidate.
5. “What songs best describes your work ethic?” – Asked at Dell, Consumer Sales candidate.
6. “Jeff Bezos walks into your office and says you can have a million dollars to launch your best entrepreneurial idea. What is it?” – Asked at Amazon, Product Development candidate.
7. “What do you think about when you are alone in your car?” – Asked at Gallup, Associate Analyst candidate.
8. “How would you rate your memory?” – Asked at Marriott, Front Desk Associate candidate.
9. “Name 3 previous Nobel Prize Winners.” – Asked at BenefitsCONNECT, Office Manager candidate.
10. “Can you say: ’Peter Pepper Picked a Pickled Pepper’ and cross-sell a washing machine at the same time?” – Asked at MasterCard, Call Centre candidate.
11. “If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?” – Asked at Trader Joe’s, Crew candidate.
13. “My wife and I are going on vacation, where would you recommend?” – Asked at PricewaterhouseCoopers, Advisory Associate candidate.
See the full list here.
Post your resume to the largest network of recruiters on the planet. START