Recruiter Job of the Day: Talent Recruiter for Uncommon Schools
Change lives in this recruiter role.
Uncommon Schools, a non-profit organization that starts and manages urban schools for low-income students, is looking for a Talent Recruiter to join their team in Brooklyn, New York.
This role would primarily be responsible for supporting and executing selection work for instructional, various school support, and specialized hiring across Brooklyn and supporting leave and vacancy coverage as needed. You will leverage ATS and existing systems, processes, and trackers to ensure a strong candidate and leader experience by managing candidate engagement via applications, screening, sourcing, and interview prep. Additionally, you will manage the selection of substitute teachers, school aides, and teacher assistants.
Breakdown of role:
Coordination of Hiring Systems/Processes (50%)
- Assesses all candidates via application review and screening for instructional and specialized roles, such as Dean of Students & Special Education Coordinator; identifies and engages with strong candidates whose experience aligns with the needs of the role and schools.
- Leverages existing systems, processes, and trackers to manage candidate engagement by urgently communicating and following up with candidates via email, call, and/or text.
- Partners with their manager to coordinate and support interview processes (in-person and virtual) with the goal of driving the selection process and ensuring candidates stay engaged and move through the application process efficiently.
- Collaborates with the Selection Team to continue to strengthen hiring systems/processes, and to support hiring across regions for Uncommon as needed.
- Supports Selection Team special projects and leave/vacancy coverage as needed.
Relationship Management (30%)
- Manages candidate relationships from initial recruitment through offer, and effectively communicates the benefits of working at Uncommon.
- Cares deeply about and can articulate a thorough understanding of Uncommon’s mission and schools.
- Collaborates with their manager on communication with school leaders and other stakeholders.
Tracking Hiring Data (20%)
- Inputs and compiles accurate data in all of recruitment systems.
- Analyzes data by using multiple dashboards to identify and address trends in real time and propose updates to outreach and selection strategies as needed.
- Hiring managers spend up to two entire days of their week finding and screening candidates, racking up an average cost of over $4,000 per hire.
Uncommon School’s goal is to close the achievement gap and prepare low-income students to graduate from college. They are fiercely committed to cultivating the intellectual curiosity and grit that will spur students’ success in their classroom, communities, and beyond.
Uncommon Schools operates 57 schools serving 21,000 students across Boston, Camden, New York City, Newark, Rochester, and Troy. By 2022, they will send more than 1,000 young people from low-income communities to college every year.
Apply to Uncommon Schools today!
The job market for recruiters is booming. From Bloomberg citing high demand, the WSJ writing about the surging need, and LinkedIn data showing soaring numbers, the business world is waking up to just how important recruiters are! Join the Recruiter.com recruiting jobs community to advance or discover an amazing new talent acquisition career.
About Recruiter.com Group, Inc.
Recruiter.com is an on-demand recruiting platform providing flexible talent acquisition solutions that scale from startups to the Fortune 100. With an on-tap network of thousands of recruiting professionals, advanced artificial intelligence sourcing software, and recruitment marketing automation, Recruiter.com helps businesses solve today’s complex hiring challenges.