The 12 Best Side Gigs for People Who Love Pets
Those of us who wish we could spend more of our days with animals are in luck: Today, there are plenty of viable pet-related occupations in the job market which you could actually make a decent income.
The best part? You can start many of these gigs on your own without having to quit your day job. For instance, becoming a dog walker may just be a matter of meeting the right dog owners in your neighborhood.
Of course, there are also some pet-related gigs that require a lot more time and a much more refined skill set. For this reason, it’s crucial to determine what kind of work best suits you before diving in. Here are some basic questions to start with:
- Do I need formal education or certification for this line of work?
- Is there a need for this service in my immediate area?
- How steep are the startup costs?
- Is there competition? If so, how much?
- Would I be a good fit for the role?
- How much money can I earn doing this?
- How much time can I devote each week to this job?
To get a better idea of what types of jobs are out there, how much money you can earn, and what you need to get started, check out this infographic from Wikibuy, which covers 12 side hustles for pet lovers in more detail: