Aon Hewitt, a leading talent, retirement, and health solutions business, has announced the 2014 Global Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders. GE, IBM, Hindustan Unilever Limited, General Mills, Inc. and ICICI Bank Ltd. round out the top five organizations named to the list. The Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders study evaluates and recognizes what it takes to execute best-in-class leadership and talent management around the world.
Aon Hewitt’s analysis found top companies shared five key characteristics in their leadership approach:
- Assessment – top companies assess the whole leader early in their careers. This includes evaluating leaders’ experiences, competencies, values and organizational fit. This helps organizations understand the unique needs of their talent pipeline to fuel the right development solutions that move people forward faster.
- Awareness – top companies have leaders who demonstrate high self-awareness by understanding their personal strengths and weaknesses and using this information to become more effective leaders.
- Resilience – top companies build resilience in their leaders by creating inclusive cultures where multiple perspectives and ideas are expected and fostered to help the organization meet continued business challenges.
- Engaging leadership – Organizations leading the way focus on identifying and building engaging leaders who are stabilizers, demonstrate versatility and stay connected to people and events inside and outside their organization.
- Sustainability – Aon Hewitt Top Companies for Leaders focus on building talent programs that respond quickly to market demands while remaining sustainable to deliver superior business outcomes.