Developer of award-winning e-learning software, Articulate, recently released Articulate Studio ’13 Update 2. The product update helps the company further improve the market-leading suite for rapid authoring of courses, quizzes, and other e-learning content.
Through its Articulate Presenter ’13, Articulate Quizmaker ’13, Articulate Engage ’13, and Articulate Replay offerings, the Studio ’13 suite allows subject matter experts and e-learning developers to easily transform PowerPoint content into online and mobile courses.
Updates to the suite include:
- Deliver accessible content to learners using screen readers with the new Section 508 support in Presenter, Quizmaker, and Engage.
- Create audio-only versions of Presenter courses by exporting narration to a single MP3 file (usage capabilities on any mobile or MP3 device).
Global Audience Localization
- Easily translate Quizmaker and Engage content via Microsoft Word or XML text exportation and preserved formatting importation.
- Localize Presenter player by exporting and importing text for player elements to Microsoft Word or XML.
- Non-Western languages translation with new support for right-to-left scripts and double-byte character sets (DBCS).
Enhanced HTML5 Output
- Increased Microsoft PowerPoint animations and slide transitions in HTML5 output.
- Display sidebar videos and elapsed/total time in HTML5 courses.
Improved Video Quality
- See up to 300 percent improvement in video quality in published courses.
“Our customers can now deliver accessible content, easily translate courses for global audiences, create audio versions for learners on the go, and provide an enhanced experience for learners using HTML5-enabled devices,” Arlyn Asch, CTO of Articulate, said. “And that means that it’s easier than ever for them to reach all their learners.”