Glassdoor Releases List of Top 25 Oddball Interview Questions for 2014
According to Glassdoor’s 2013 Q4 Employment Confidence Survey, more than one in five (22 percent) of employees reported that seeking new employment is among their top career resolutions for 2014. And to help job seekers prepare for the interview process, jobs and career community site Glassdoor recently released its annual list of Top 25 Oddball Interview Questions.
The list was derived from tens of thousands of interview questions shared by job candidates over the last year and reveals some of the most unexpected interview questions to hopefully give job seekers a leg up during the hiring process.
“While job candidates should be prepared to take on challenging and oddball interview questions during the hiring process, they should also be ready for anything, which includes answering common interview questions,” Allyson Willoughby, Glassdoor SVP of People, said. “For example, many candidates should be ready to answer questions like: ‘What are your strengths and weaknesses?’, ‘Why do you want to work here?’ and ‘Where do you see yourself in five years?’”
Below are a few questions from this year’s list:
- “How lucky are you and why?” – Airbnb, Content Manager interview.
- “If you were a pizza delivery man, how would you benefit from scissors?” – Apple, Specialist interview.
- “If you could sing one song on American Idol, what would it be?” – Red Frog Events, Event Coordinator interview.
- “If you were a box of cereal, what would you be and why?” – Bed Bath & Beyond, Sales Associate interview.
- “Do you believe in Bigfoot?” – Norwegian Cruise Line, Casino Marketing Coordinator interview.
- “How many square feet of pizza are eaten in the U.S. each year?” – Goldman Sachs, Programmer Analyst interview.
- “Can you instruct someone how to make an origami ‘cootie catcher’ with just words?” – LivingSocial, Consumer Advocate interview.
- “You’re a new addition to the crayon box, what color would you be and why?” – Urban Outfitters Sales Associate interview.
- “How many snow shovels sold in the U.S. last year?” – TASER, Leadership Development Program interview.
See the complete list of questions here.
Post your resume to the largest network of recruiters on the planet. START