RiseSmart Offers New Employee-centric Career Management Solution
RiseSmart, a leading enterprise career management solutions provider, has announced the beta release of RiseSmart Compass, a cloud-based solution to drive high levels of engagement, retention, and performance through providing workers with a way to define their own career development path. RiseSmart Compass is focused on all employees within an organization and gives them the tools to forge their own career direction while providing companies with complete visibility of the capabilities and motivations of their talent bases.
Sanjay Sathe, CEO of RiseSmart, said, “Disengaged employees cost the U.S. economy up to $550 billion annually in lost productivity, based on a June 2013 Gallup report. One of the primary causes for this lack of engagement is a perceived absence of career opportunities. A 2012 study by Randstad indicates that a full 86 percent of employees who leave their jobs cite lack of career development as a factor. This is the problem RiseSmart Compass was specifically created to address.”
The primary features of the platform include:
• A career roadmap allowing employees to set their own goals, milestones, and action items.
• On-demand career coaching where employees can access resources for specific career coaching paths.
• An internal mobility tool where employees can search and apply for opportunities within their organization that can move them along their career development path and improve retention.
• A networking and community tool where employees can build internal networks through community forums, contact-management tools, and a mentor-matching platform.
• A real-time feed where employees can see how their colleagues feel about their jobs or company.
• HR analytics for an organizational view of skills, job activity, and goal tracking.
“Too many workers today just ‘go with the flow’ when it comes to their careers, often because they aren’t getting the direction they need to grow and succeed. This results in workers who are disengaged and dissatisfied. RiseSmart Compass encourages people to be proactive and goal-oriented when it comes to their careers – pick a direction and get there as opposed to just letting your career happen to you. It’s a win-win for employers and employees,” concluded Sathe.