WPEO Recognizes Outstanding Women Business Owners and Corporations
The Women Presidents’ Educational Organization (WPEO) not only creates increased access to business opportunities for women business enterprises (WBEs), the organization also celebrates how the WBEs maximize these ventures.
During its Annual Awards Breakfast on March 7, 2014, the nonprofit recognized outstanding achievements on behalf of women’s business enterprises, corporations and women’s business advocates in New York, Northern New Jersey, Southern Connecticut and the Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia areas.
Winners of the Outstanding Corporation awards are selected based upon accomplishments in support of women business owners and the women’s business community, innovation, Done Deal™ participation, and overall commitment to the mission of the WPEO. Advocate awardees are selected based on significant involvement with WPEO and support of women-owned businesses.
2014 Award winners include:
New York Region
- PepsiCo – Outstanding Corporation
- Jaymie Mitchell, Bank of America – Outstanding Women’s Business Advocate
- Hallie Satz, HighRoad Press – Star Award
- Mary Nittolo, The Studio – President’s Award
- Exxon Mobil Corporation – Outstanding Corporation
- Jacqueline Smith, New Kent Coatings – Star Award
- Carol O’Riordan, The O’Riordan Bethel Law Firm, LLP – President’s Award
“WPEO works collaboratively with WBEs and Corporate Members to promote business development opportunities. Those that have been successful and generated contracts need to be recognized for their commitments and contribution,” Dr. Marsha Firestone, WPEO president and founder, said. “The awards were created to recognize and validate Corporate Members who are supportive of women-owned businesses. Of course not to be forgotten is celebrating Women Business Enterprises (WBEs) for their success in opening doors to the Corporate Members of WPEO.”
As the northeast regional affiliates of the Women’s Business Enterprise National Council (WBENC), the nation’s leading advocate of women-owned businesses and third-party certification organization, WPEO certifies and validates that companies have met official criteria as a business legitimately-owned, managed and controlled by women.
To commemorate the organization ’s 15th anniversary, Firestone also announced the recent launch of the new WPEO website, which includes:
- Responsive design capabilities across desktop and mobile platforms;
- A new system to manage and register for events and Done Deals™;
- Abundant information about Corporate Members; and
- Explanation of WPEO joining process and benefits.
Post your resume to the largest network of recruiters on the planet. START