Employee Selection Resources
* formulation of detailed immediate and long-term hiring goals
* criteria for determining whether those goals have been met in the screening process
* review of the appropriateness (legal or otherwise) of the assessment methods
* assurance of reliability and validity of the key concepts and definitions applied in the selection process, e.g., "team player", "certified" or "large-scale project manager"
* a consistent and comprehensive decision-making and notification processes (to ensure objectivity, fairness and commensurability of candidate assessments)
* clear rationales for the standards applied, rejections and job offers.
Selecting the proper employee requires forethought, planning, screening, and other considerations. Before recruiting potential candidates to fill a position, it is important to perform a job analysis to understand precisely what an organization needs and where it needs it. The job analysis leads to a well-developed job description which assists in attracting the right talent. The next step involves the development of an employment checklist that is closely followed by the hiring manager so that recruitment efforts remain inline business goals.
A critical part of the employee selection process is the review of job applications. The goal is to ensure that the only applications that make it through to the interviewing process are ones that exactly match the characteristics requested in the job description. Interviewing is one of the most influential and important stages in the hiring process. Developing targeted and relevant questions is critical when distinguishing mediocre applicants from applicants that can truly benefit an organization.
The final process of the selection of employees engages all relevant management groups and relies on group consensus to ensure that no aspect of the potential employee's qualifications is overlooked or under-analyzed.
A critical, sometimes overlooked aspect of effective employee selection is careful, reflective, systematic, fair, valid and reliable formulation of the standards and processes to be applied during the vetting process, in the rejection of candidates and in the extension of job offers.
Master the art of closing deals and making placements. Take our Recruiter Certification Program today. We're SHRM certified. Learn at your own pace during this 12-week program. Access over 20 courses. Great for those who want to break into recruiting, or recruiters who want to further their career.Take Program Today
Career Research Tool
Use our career research tool to find more than just a list of careers - find the right long term career for you. Explore salary trends for each type of profession, read sample job descriptions, and find the professional and educational requirements for specific careers.Use it Now